Then she opened her presents.
And modeled her new dance stuff...
She talked to all her grandparents and lots aunts and uncles.
In the afternoon, she went shopping with Mom to get new shoes, a toy, and pick out an Easter dress. She checked out books from the library and played soccer with Joseph.
She had St. Patrick's day green cupcakes for dessert and enjoyed watching a basketball game later.
She claims it was the "best birthday ever!"
Since her birthday was on Saturday, she got to celebrate it on Friday at school. In Montessori the children take a photograph from each year of their life. They walk around the circle of children one time for each year of their life while carrying a globe of the earth. The children sing "The earth goes around the sun, tra la la...etc." Every time they make a full revolution, they show the picture for the next year. Here are Sarah's pictures - one for each year.
Born March 17, 2006. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 21 inches long.
8ish? weeks old. She looks so cute, I had to include it.
March 2007 - one year old
2 years old
3 years old
4 years old
5 years old
6 years old
Things she loves....
1. Singing - all day, every day. We live in a musical.
2. Playing outside - swinging, playing soccer, playing tag, chasing the cats, and most especially digging in the dirt/mud and planting her own garden.
3. Helping Mom or Dad make dinner.
4. Reading - she surprises us almost every day with new words that she can read.
5. Holding her baby sister, whenever possible.
Happy Birthday Sarah Elizabeth - we love you!!