Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Random Tuesday

After several months, I finally got around to fixing our dryer. It worked okay, but took 2-3x longer to dry the clothes than it should have taken, all the while running up my electric bill. (Our washing machine was broken for several months too, and I just got that fixed a couple of weeks ago). Anyway, our landlord came over to check the vent / tube that goes from the laundry room to outside because there wasn't any air flowing through it. No airflow = wet clothes. The tube was full of water! After draining that, our dryer is good as new.

---------------

I made smoothies for the kids tonight that contained the following ingredients:
turnip greens, beet greens, beets, ginger root, bananas, frozen mixed fruit (peaches, grapes, strawberries), and water.

Sounds horrible, right? It wasn't exactly the best smoothie ever, but I didn't gag on it either. It was a beautiful deep red color - thanks to the beets. I think that is why the kids drank theirs in no time flat without any complaints.

I've made much tastier smothies that turned out greenish or brownish and the kids won't hardly touch them. It's amazing what I can get the kids to eat when it's blended up in a smoothie. I get ideas from www.greensmoothiegirl.com and other similar sites.

---------------

We're trying to sell our house in Nashville -- anyone interested? It's been on the market for a few weeks now. We had a buyer who made a written offer, but then backed out due to "personal problems". Now there is another "interested" buyer, but no offer. We need to sell the house soon or we'll have to look for new renters.

No comments: